Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Feature: Stylist + Blogger, Kim Christophersen

When it comes to style, one of the most important factors is to stay true to yourself. Dress for yourself, people! Not for anyone else. That's why I'm such a fan of stylist and Sequins + Studs blogger, Kim Christophersen. Representing my hometown, Sacramento, Kim has such a unique and personal style. She is unafraid to try new trends, colors and prints and is always amazingly put together from head-to-toe. From rocking violet peek-a-boo streaks to mixing leopard and polka dot, I love whatever she puts together and am honored to have her as one of my Friday Features!

So scroll on down and peep photos of the lovely Kim and exclusive interview with Pumps and Lipstick:








Xiomara: When did your love for fashion begin?

Kim: My love for fashion started at an early age. Even though I attended private school from Kindergarten to eighth grade where strict uniforms were required, I always tried to make it my own through shoes or hair accessories.

Xiomara: Describe your style in 3 words.

Kim: Ever-changing. Fun. Spirited.

Xiomara: Who are your favorite, all-time fashion icons?

Kim: Edie Sedgwick, Brigitte Bardot and Nicole Richie.

Xiomara: Top do's and dont's that you'll never ever break?

Kim: DO always dress for yourself. I love following trends and what’s ‘in’ at the time, but the important thing for me is to wear what makes me happy. DON’T be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Push the envelope every once in awhile and you’ll be surprised at what creative looks you can pull off!

Xiomara: What inspires you to write when blogging?

Kim: I started blogging because I am constantly inspired by everything around me and I needed one place to compile all of the creative energy and ideas that had been building up. I’d say a majority of my inspiration comes from the people, places and events in my life. Music is also a big inspiration for me and if you look closely, you’ll notice that a lot of my blog titles are song lyrics. Any time I’m drawing a blank or feeling uninspired, I turn to platforms such as Tumblr, Pinterest and We Heart It to find instant inspiration.

Xiomara: What are your biggest pet peeves in style that makes you want to walk up to a stranger and fix?

Kim: My biggest pet peeve is when people wear clothes that don’t compliment their body or fit them right. I’m a firm believer that anyone, no matter what their shape or size, can pull off any trend or look they want - the key is remembering to dress for your body.

Xiomara: Favorite prints and colors?

Kim: My favorite prints right now are chevron, floral and polka dots. As for colors, I’m loving burgundy, deep wine and burnt orange. I’m also obsessed with all things emerald and deep turquoise.

Xiomara: Throughout the years, how has your personal style changed?

Kim: Oh, wow. I don’t think I can give a simple answer for this. What I have noticed though is that as I’ve grown up and become more comfortable in my own skin, I have also become more confident in what I wear. When I was younger, I would dress according to what the ‘cool’ style was at the time or what my friends were wearing. Now, I dress solely for myself.

Xiomara: As a stylist and blogger for Krazy Mary's boutique, what's your day like?

Kim: No two days are the same, which is great for me! As a stylist, I’m either pulling looks for our blog, private events, fashion shows or photo shoots and as a blogger, I’m researching fashion forecasts, trend reports and working on building our audience through our site (krazysugar.wordpress.com). Mary Kawano (owner) is such an amazing woman and inspiration to me. She’s been a wonderful teacher and I feel blessed to be able to learn and grow every day.

Xiomara: In your career in fashion, blogging and PR, where do you see yourself in the future?

Kim: I always struggle when I’m asked this, as it’s hard for me to imagine placing myself into one box. My love is in fashion writing and styling, so I’d say something involving both of those.

[END]


For more on the lovely Kim Christophersen, visit and subscribe to her fabulous blog, Sequins + Studs, and stalk her on Instagram, TumblrPinterest, and Twitter. And by the way, send her some birthday wishes. It's her birthday today ;)



All photos are property of Kim Christophersen.

No comments:

Post a Comment