Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Motivation: Getting Back On Track






I love my friends. They know how to keep me on track. So, when I get texts and emails saying, "Where the hell are my Pumps and Lipstick posts?", I get the picture-- crystal clear. I can blame not having enough time during grueling and demanding, yet eye-opening grad school sessions at FIDM or training for a half-marathon or traveling here and there to be my reasons for not blogging as frequently, but I'm not. It's clearly poor time management on my part. And this can relate to many other practices and goals as well such as working out, spending more time with friends and family, reading more books, studying for the GRE, GMAT, EMT or any other lengthy tests out there in the world with long-ass acronyms. Instead of procrastinating and lying to myself by saying, "I'll do it later", I say, "No, bitch. Get it done now and figure out a plan to get it done more efficiently in the future." Be firm with yourself because you're the only person who can control your life and what you want to do with it. If you aren't, who will? Once you start doing what you're supposed to be doing, you'll be done and feel great about yourself for accomplishing it and crossing it off your 'To-Do' list-- just like how I feel right now :)

Happy Monday!

I thought this was so appropriate for this post and all my blogger friends.

Images via heartifb.com, vintagelawrence.com and justjule.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment