Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Color Kaleidoscope: Top Spring Trends

For details, click here.

I know I'm not the only one leaping for joy that spring has finally arrived! I feel like the younger Black/Latin version of Martha Stewart by initiating a full-force, spring cleaning haul, gardening on my rooftop patio with flower printed gloves on and jumping up and down when I see the calla lilly bulbs I planted months ago starting to sprout in my terracotta pots. Someone get me a book deal and a TV show stat!



Recently, I submitted a fashion merchandising scholarship project and had to select 10-20 items that are going to be hot items for spring 2013. For the apparel portion, I created the looks above consisting of stripes, floral, lace, and raffia. (Click here to see the handbags, accessories and shoe trendsheet.) I titled the trendsheet Color Kaleidoscope because looking at these pieces at one time reminds me of looking through a kaleidoscope and twisting it around to see the different colors, prints, shapes, textures, materials, and patterns.

Ahhh spring... I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment