Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mid-week Motivation: The Last Push

Oh, man! If I'm not feeling the pressure of the last two weeks of this quarter in my grad program! So much so that I can feel the pressure press upon my chest, the anxiety run through my mind as I try to grab at least 5 hours of sleep and scribble down items to-do on my never-ending list that has a tight deadline of September 19th (or else I'm screwed!). 

As I'm wishing for more hours in the day and kicking myself for procrastinating until the last hour, I must remind myself to keep pushing. I have to set it in my mind that I cannot fail and look for daily, hourly moments of motivation to keep swimming upstream. Whether I'm counting down the days dreaming of my upcoming 10-day trip to Puerto Rico on the 20th, finding moments of celebration by grabbing a drink for happy hour with classmates after finishing a project, I find moments of relief and even a boost of energy to get my shit done! 

So whatever it is that you need to finish, find motivation (it's around somewhere!) and quick moments of celebration to keep yourself going— and then get back to work til it's done! You know what to do after ;)

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment