Friday, August 26, 2011

Purple Rain

OMG! I know, I know, it's been a while since my last post. So sorry about the long break! Did ya miss me? I hope so! Bloggers need vacations too! But I must admit, while on vacay in NYC for the past week, I was itching to write a blog post! So anyway, here we go:

Thanks to M.A.C.'s recycle program, if you bring in 6 empty, plastic M.A.C. containers (eyeshadows, eyeliners, lipsticks, lip glosses, you name it), you qualify for a free lipstick. As I'm nearing the end of my Bare Necessity lipgloss, I realize that this container would be my 6th! After screaming, skipping and jumping with joy, the first question that pops into my head is, "What shade of lipstick should I get?" After sorting through my nudes, reds, burgundy and pinks, purple came into mind. Yes girl, purple! Don't shoot me down just yet! Before you think dark, gothic shades, open your mind to purple pastel and berry purple shades.

These shades compliment most skin tones and are a safer route that opting for a bright pink. Less loud, more oooh! Who knows, purple may replace your everyday pink ;)

Check out the looks below:







Here are several lovely shades to try:

M.A.C. Saint Germain
M.A.C. The Amp
Dior Rouge Dior Lip Colour in #786 Mysterious Mauve
Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in #15 Pearly Violet

Loving purple lipstick? I can't decide which to get! Help me decide in the comment box!







Images via ladiescrown.com, squidoo.com, eyeshadowlipstick.com chictvblog.blogspot.com and purplelipstick.org

No comments:

Post a Comment