Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Motivation: Keep Yourself Going Forward

Keep it going!
In the beginning of setting a personal goal, I'm always super psyched outta-my mind and ready to take on the world [insert Rocky theme song here]. Whether its training for a half-marathon, eating extra healthy, or heck, even cutting down the number of reality shows I watch, I feel like the world is on my side, the birds are singing, the sun is shining and I'm more than excited to start said goal.

And then two weeks pass and I start to get tired. The flame has died down. I'd rather stay in bed. 'Getting over the hump' is what I call it.

It's not as hard as we think it is to keep the wheels on moving-- just a little procrastination mixed with laziness topped with a dollop of lack of encouragement. I find it easy to use tools to push through the 'motivation mud' and get back on track. Training your mind to keep the train moving by yourself is possible, but easier with something or someone to help you. One of the tools/tricks I use is reading motivating articles online. This time around I ended up at PicktheBrain.com. Take a peek at this straightforward article to get over the hump: How To Motivate Yourself. Hope you enjoy!

Have a wonderful Monday!


Photo via arcticcompass.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment