Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Motivation: Live in the Present Moment



One of the many quotes I have posted around my home is, "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." (Buddah) I mounted this quote in particular because, like many, I tend to dwell in the past and worry about my future. Sometimes my mind gets filled with phrases like 'what if this happens', 'I should have done that' and 'I wish blank happened'. Feelings of anxiety, doubt and sadness shortly follow these negative thoughts. This is why I have that quote posted: to remember to be grateful for what I have at this present moment, to acknowledge that the past is done and over with and to be excited for the blessings that the future holds. By redirecting my thoughts, I put my mind at ease and recognize all the blessings in my life. For more helpful tips, check out a great site I stumbled upon here.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment